Here is the recipe for the best brownies in the world.
Its a big statement , but...they are so easy, and more than a little bit filthy.
Are you ready for them?
First it's a chocolate chip cookie followed by an Oreo topped by a fudgy brownie. Everything melds together, the Oreo becomes soft, and it's three distinct layers of deliciousness. Plus, they're cool to look at. You'll love them. Just try to resist.
Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins
Prep. Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serving Size: 16 brownies per recipe
For the brownie layer:
1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix, prepared and unbaked OR 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For the Oreo layer:
1 package of Oreo (regular stuffed or double stuffed)
For the Cookie Dough layer:
1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups AP flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan (I used a Pyrex pan) with tin foil and then spray the foil liberally with baking spray.
3.Make the brownie layer per box instructions (without baking) OR: In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the sugar and cocoa powder. Stir to combine and remove from the heat. Add the salt, vanilla and eggs to the batter and then whisk until combined. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and then slowly incorporate the flour into the batter until it's all mixed. Set the batter aside.
4. If making your own cookie dough: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl as you go. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips and then set aside.
6. Start by gently pressing the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan, making sure to create an even layer. (I found it helpful to use the back of a 1-cup measure cup.).
7. Then add a layer of Oreos on top of the cookie dough. Nudge them as close together as possible without overlapping.
8. Get ready for the gluttony: Remove the lid on the caramel sauce/dulce de leche and microwave for 35 seconds (until it becomes slightly warm and spreadable). Use a spoon to drizzle the caramel over the Oreos.
9. Lastly: Pour the brownie batter on top of the caramel-Oreo layer. Use a spatula to make sure it's even.
10. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. It's OK if the knife has some brownie on it. It's easy to over-bake the cookie layer if left in the oven too long.
11. Once out of the oven, heat up the caramel again as in step 5. With a spoon, lightly drizzle the caramel over the brownies. Sprinkle with the salt.
12. *Note: Although you can scarf these right away (they'll be crumbly but delicious and gooey!), they actually get better with age. Let them rest for several hours for easier handling and serving.
13. *Note: Prep time is reduced if using boxed/ready-made mixes.
And there you go. Enjoy your slutty brownies :) Don't forget to like and share this article with your friends. Also we will be happy if you leave a comment with your result:) Give us some inspiration. Thanks:)
Check also the Rainbow Cake Recipe